Nov 19, 2013

Embracing who God created me to be

Hmmm... what do I want to write about? Something inspiring and deep, but what?
1. A week of being alone. What is it like when Shawn's gone? Because Shawn often leaves for days at a time for conferences or other work related things.
2. Ministry and the BIG things God is doing. There are some new things that are SUPER exciting!
3. How much I miss my family. Because I realize how much distance changes relationships. And I don't want things to be "different" because of the miles.
4. My dream I had. It was so interesting.
5. What has God been teaching me.
I think that's it!!!

#5 What has God been teaching me?

How to be ok with who God made me to be, personality and all.

This has been a theme in my life for about 1 1/2 years now (maybe even my whole life). I remember when I first realized that I needed to grow in this area. It was when we stepped off the plane into Slovenia. I realized I was lost.

I didn't know how to be a chameleon in this culture. I didn't know who these Slovenes or my teammates wanted me to be. I was pretty good at reading what you wanted me to be and then being that in the States, but here, I WAS LOST!

I thank God that I stepped off that plane onto foreign ground for many reasons! But today I want to voice (or write) about the freedom that I'm finding with being ok with who God made me to be. It has been a little forced on me, because I don't fit in...
  • I am an American. 
  • When I speak, I sound worse than a first grader. LOL
  • I am married at a "very young" age here in Slovenia. Average age is 33yrs and I'm not even 30. 
  • I have four kiddos already. Average is 1.3 kids
  • I believe in Jesus as the only way for salvation. Less than 1% actually .6% can say that. Only 1,500/2,000,000
  • I have a job God that provides everything I need. 33% are unemployed
  • I am NOT depressed, suicidal, fearful of my future, ... etc. 
  • and the list could easily go on
The more I grasp and am ok with who God made me to be, striving to be like Him inside the personality He's given to me, the more I feel free.

I could probably write a book, or maybe someone has already wrote a book on this, but wow.

I am thankful that God has been patient with me and pointed it out to me and continues to teach me this principal with love and gentleness.