Dec 17, 2013

Car Wreck

I am very aware that this story that happened to me is such a small example, and that there are many people out there who have experienced horrible things that they can not explain nor do they have a reason/answer from God for its happening. However, I can even say with all my heart to all situations, that GOD IS GOOD and will use it for good.

Sometimes we think that death is so horrible, but I've been challenged to think of the blessing it is lately. It is no more pain, no more sickness, no more imperfection, and seeing the Creator face-to-face. That is a day I'm waiting for.

We also tend to think that if something horrible happened to us or in our life, God must not love us or care for us. The thing is, God uses the whole picture and every happening in our lives to bring us and others to know Him or to know Him better, because He knows that we all have this deep desire in our hearts to know Him and to know we are loved by Him. And He alone satisfies.

STORY:
It was 1:30pm when I left my Slovene teachers house. I was planning on going straight home to grab some lunch and then pick the kids up from school. I had about a 40 minute drive to home...

...My plans are not what happened!!!

Just 10 minutes into my drive, I slid out around a corner. There were three cars coming toward me head on and my car started spinning in the lane.

I remember feeling a peace, though nothing was in my control.

I slammed backwards into the rock wall, which was much better than sliding into the freezing river on the other side. My car was undrivable. I tried to drive it off the road, but it sounded like I was dragging everything in the back and the tired were bent and flat. I was on the road for no more than 2 minutes and my town mechanic/landlord drove by, pulled over and was able to help get the car off the road.

The fact that someone I knew was even on this mountain road is incredible.

That night I was laying in bed, asking God why He allowed me to spin and wreck the car THIS week. I knew He didn't have to allow it. I knew He is in control of everything. I layed there waiting for His answer. It had to be for a reason. As I waited for an answer, knowing God doesn't always answer, I heard it!!!

"I kept you safe, but I'm calling your landlord to be my son."          

That's why GOD allowed it!!! :) And God kept me safe.
I should've slid into the river!

for example: if the smile face is the corner, and the exclamation mark(!) is the river, I slid into the eyes.
:)!

---Keep praying for him---

Two days later I had coffee with our landlords wife and I mustered up the courage to tell her. We were sitting at a table and when I told her, she jumped out of her chair lifted her shirt sleeve as she showed me her goose bumps. She shared with me that her husband often makes fun of her for going to church. And he likes to say out loud that God does not exist.

But when Shawn went to go pay him for the car, he looked at Shawn and said, "I believe that God is protecting our girls."

WHAT?!?! This is BIG.


    Because God made you for a reason, he also decided when you would be born and how long you would live. He planned the days of your life in advance, choosing the exact time of your birth and death. The Bible says, "You saw me before I was born and scheduled each day of my life before I began to breathe. Every day was recorded in your book!" [Psalm 139:16]