Nov 28, 2012

LISTEN MORE

THIS IS GOOD NEWS!!!!! Especially for---

    -Mothers who have little kids and no time...
  •  

  • -Who are learning a new language 
  • -Learning a new culture
  •  

  • -Preparing food 
  •  

  • -Clean clothes in the drawers
  • -Showers
  • -And then there's trying to get the kids to school on time
  •  

  • -Pick them up on time
  •  

  • -Special weekly meetings with their teachers because they are foreigners
  • -Other hang-outs that are planned as weekly events such as church, bible study, youth group
  •  

  • -TIME for weekly meetings for ministry details
  •  


  • And these things will happen with or without time! 

And then there's the "IF I can find TIME" and they are definitely not less important, maybe even the most important:
  • God and I Time
  • Husband Time: I love to spend time with him, communicate with, and we must fight spiritual disunity
  • Kid Time: time for them to talk so I can nurture their hearts 
  • Time to clean house (but right now that means throwing everything in our room if the doorbell rings) I just had to laugh.... because as I wrote this sentence, I looked out the window and saw my neighbor approaching our door, and I didn't have any TIME to throw things in my room. OOPS! :)
  • Time to go for a run
  • Time to look "pretty"
I'm thankful that God knows my situation (and busy schedule) and when I come to Him through worship, prayer time, reading His Word; He speaks very quickly :) He has created relationships and made our relationship possible. Today He is teaching me to listen!

At the Thankgiving Conference, we had a "Ladies Tea". We didn't have tea, but instead, Pumpkin Spice Lattes all the way from Starbucks! Mmmm.

As we started, the conversation surrounded around one important subject: INTIMACY. How do we grow deeper in our intimacy with Christ?


It's been on my mind for the past week. Lots of encouraging ways were shared. Things like: Read the Bible, do any study around God's Word that challenges you (I like Beth Moore), pray, sing worship songs (I like to do this in the car), find a place that you can be removed from your responsibilities (I would choose a mountian-side, ocean-side, or even a run). One lady shared that she has a certain chair with coffee and chocolate 
every morning with Jesus. A reminder to her that Jesus is sweet and good and her lamp by her chair reminds her that He is Light and shows the way. I like that. GREAT IDEAS!

So I've been asking God to show me how I can be more intimate with Him.


Here I go, reading God's Word. I'm in Hebrews now and I begin to read anticipating an answer..

And I open my Bible to Hebrews 3-4.
“Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts" It said this 3x and I know it was God asking me to listen... But more than that, I was listening. I could feel God speaking and nailing down my question of becoming more intimate with Christ. It's through listening more. But also, He was confirming that a busy mom can listen even if we dedicate only a little part of the day to listening. OF COURSE I desire so much more time with God, but right now I try to give the best I have to Him, and it isn't much. I really do want more!



LISTEN!