Mar 20, 2013

Peace in the Sun...

So as I was sitting down in the office this morning, I put on some worship music. The sun was just coming out. I have only seen the sun 6x in the last 3 months! And I was just soaking the sun in as it beat down on my face through the cold office window. The kids were already at school, besides Alisha, but the house was so peaceful and quiet. I didn't have any plans until 11, (time to breath) it's time to get something done and also update Facebook. Ya I know, I wish I would've thought something like, "time to get some time reading the Bible" or "I can pray for a long time this morning" or "maybe I can find a sermon online or something"... but the truth is, I got on Facebook! (it can be such a "thief" of good quality time with Jesus)

No make-up, I didn't even brush my hair yet,
but I wanted you to see the sun beating down.
What a wonderful way to start the day :)
Oh, but God in His love, had my radio turned up (or maybe my ears turned up) on some really key powerful songs that just grabbed my full attention and my heart :) And I found myself worshiping down in the warm sunbeam and so satisfied and renewed and full of peace in the Son.

Here are the songs:
Our God is an Awesome God He reigns with power and LOVE. Your Spirit is water to my soul.
How lovely is Your dwelling place Oh Lord. For here my heart is satisfied within Your presence.
Draw me close to You, never let me go.
Step by step You'll lead me and I will ever praise You! And I will follow You all of my days!

It's a great day for me when my faith is rocked! This has happened THREE times to me this week! And I want to share them with you in a very short form. And then through-out the month, I want to take a deeper look in each area and blog more about each one...(so I don't forget these moments) and maybe you'll get something out of it too... I HOPE :)

  1. God's love is deep. Who can understand it? God loves me, and the more I learn about His love, I learn how to love more.
  2. Living with God is like sitting in a classroom with Jesus as our Teacher, as He's always showing us how He is in control of the storm and it's there for our good. He is teaching us how much He loves us and He's always with us. And He wants to take our faith to new limits. Matthew 8:23-27 I have such little faith, and would love to grow deeper trust for Him. And the storms are going to teach me how to have more trust! I think of it like a little child jumping into his daddy's arms. At first the child won't jump unless the hands are touching. Then as the child sees that Daddy hasn't dropped him yet, he can go higher and the child learns to trust more :) 
  3. Step by Step. When we moved to Slovenia, it was NOT the hardest step of obedience I would have to make. Daily Jesus wants me to go deeper in love and knowledge and trust the steps He has for my life.
What an awesome life and great joy I have because of His redeeming love!!!