Mar 28, 2013

Who Can Understand?



I had an awesome overhaul moment in my mind and thoughts this month. Or maybe, a better way to put it is God opened my eyes a little wider to see more Truth. I feel that God revealed just a bit more to me about His love and I can't pass it up... I have to blog about it.

How often we think on the judgements of the Lord and the disciplines he delivers because of our continuos sinfulness and therefore we miss a huge aspect of the love of God.

I have loved God truly and deeply from a very early age, but can still get caught up thinking more on His displeasure, wrath, discipline, etc. 

Every month, we have a staff meeting. We have a devotional amongst other important things. This month we had a professor come from Multnomah who has been involved in the Slovenia ministry since 2004. It was such a joy to be under his teaching for a short 45 minutes. He shared his thought process with us and I couldn't say that I didn't relate. He started by sharing and discussing this paragraph that George MacDonald wrote in one of his Unspoken Sermons. And then we re-read it and re-read it. It's DEEP and old-english, so a few reads is necessary to understand it.
-----------------------------

For love loves unto purity. Love has ever in view the absolute loveliness of that which it beholds. Where loveliness is incomplete, and love cannot love its fill of loving, it spends itself to make more lovely, that it may love more; it strives for perfection, even that itself may be perfected--not in itself, but in the object. As it was love that first created humanity, so even human love, in proportion to its divinity, will go on creating the beautiful for its own outpouring. There is nothing eternal but that which loves and can be loved, and love is ever climbing towards the consummation when such shall be the universe, imperishable, divine. 
Therefore all that is not beautiful in the beloved, all that comes between and is not of love's kind, must be destroyed. 
And our God is a consuming fire.
What does that make you think of? I'll tell you what it makes me realize... God is always trying to find a  way to fill us more with His love. To show us Love. But because I have some "yuck" in my life (and He can not be in the same place a the "yuck" He is working on purifying those "yucks" so that I can experience more of Him, His love, and His goodness. He has to uproot a few weeds, in order to move into that area of ground in my life.

Ephesians 3:17-18 And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.

Who can understand His love?