Nov 13, 2011

A Fantastic Gift from Mom and Dad



The day was November 13, 1982...

...when my parents committed their lives to each other before God.

The gift of what these years have meant to me as their child is indescribable.  And we all know that I wouldn't be here if it weren't for them, but I want to look deeper in this gift because if it weren't for them...



Peter and Kat Tel
I wouldn't be able to say that I was taught by example. 
I wouldn't know what surrender looks like. 
I wouldn't know what selflessness should look like.
I wouldn't have a solid picture that God's way really is BEST.
I saw by example.... and I'm thankful for that gift!



You both are beautiful.  And you are so much more.
You are an image bearer of God.
And that's a big deal! You both have taught me so much. And now I have the joy, priviledge, and opportunity to do what you have taught. 
Ephesians 5:33 However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband. My favorite marriage verse!




Of course, the Bible is our guidebook and teaches us all things under the sun that we need to know for how to live according to His ways. But we can all agree that when you see the example of how to live, that way is best... and such a gift from God.




Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad!
                                                                   ~Christena