Oct 31, 2012

I'm inspired today. Those are good days to write. Days when I feel God challenging me, encouraging me, or giving me a specific subject piercing my heart that I just need to remember. So really this BLOG is not for you, but for our family. It is a time when I write what I want to remember. 

Remember that you were slaves in Egypt and that the LORD your God brought you out of there with a mighty hand and an outstretched arm. Duet. 5:15 

Past victories give us hope for the future when we need it in the present! 
  • Fun Times
  • Hard times
  • Miracles
  • Memories of the kids growing up.
  • Remembering difficult times when God's faithfulness and love brought us through.
  • The stories, blessings, and miracles that God has written for our lives.
  • And the person we are today because of "yesterday".
BUT MY PRAYER as you read this blog, as you watch/read us grow and follow our lives, that most importantly, you would get to know God better through our stories of God's blessings, challenges, and stories. 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So, the thing that I want to remember today and tomorrow and when my kids are old and when we have grandkids....

I am in Colossians!!!! I have almost completed reading the entire Bible from cover-to-cover. My life is rocked in a way that only experience would know.

This is something I've always wanted to accomplish. I can seriously remember being 10 years old and trying and failing. And then trying again, and again, and again! But I'd get to some boring list of names and wouldn't continue. After a while I'd get clever and start reading past the list of names, knowing that I've read up to there lots of times. Not even that worked. I was never successful. 

This time I put the armor on and fought through and I AM BLESSED because of it. 

And the reason I write this, is because of Shawn(my husband), Desiree' St. John(my sister), and Bobby(a fellow missionary with Josiah Venture). 

Shawn has showed me how to devote every day and challenged me as his schedule has always been busier than mine. And although that was always true, he has always found time to spend with God.

Desiree' made a New Years Resolution to read her Bible through a year or two ago, when I had come up with nothing. I even thought, "why didn't I come up with something spiritual?" But she did and I followed. 

And then there's Bobby. She has read her Bible so many times through and people can tell just by watching her live. And then when you talk to her... there is no doubt! She knows God in a very DEEP way! 

I WANT TO KNOW GOD IN A VERY DEEP WAY!